What if I Disagree With a Decision Made by VA?

If you are denied benefits, or if you are granted benefits, but feel that you should have been assigned a higher evaluation, you may appeal the decision. You can appeal by submitting a Notice of Disagreement to the Regional Office that issued the decision.

The decision will then be reviewed at the Regional Office level. If the claim remains denied, it will be sent to the Board of Veterans Appeals in Washington, D.C. If the claim still remains denied, it can be appealed to the Court of Appeals for VA Claims.

This article is authored through the collaborative efforts of Shana Dunn and other legal professionals at West & Dunn, a law firm dedicated to providing high quality legal services to individuals and businesses, with a particular focus on assisting veterans of the United States Armed Forces. If you have questions or would like assistance with your VA claim, the attorneys at West & Dunn can be reached at (608) 490-9449.

Related Posts
  • VA Examinations Found to Be Inaccurate Read More
  • Filing a VA Claim? Here Are Five Tips To Increase Your Chances of Success Read More
  • Lay Testimony Essential for VA Unemployability Claims Read More