About Our Firm
West & Dunn opened its doors for business on August 1, was founded in 2016, with two lawyers and a paralegal working from a small office above the Lone Girl Brewing Company in Waunakee, Wisconsin. It’s original members, Shana Dunn and Travis West, founded the firm upon two principles.
First, it is possible to provide the same caliber of legal representation that large firms provide at a fraction of the cost. By employing creativity and leveraging technology, West & Dunn’s attorneys are able to zealously advocate for our clients without charging exorbitant fees.
Second, serving the veterans of the United States Armed Forces is central to our mission. While we proudly serve many non-veteran clients as well, West & Dunn has become a premier provider of legal services to veterans seeking service-connected disability benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. It also recognizes that the legal needs of veterans go far beyond the VA system. In light of this, West & Dunn provides traditional legal services to all veterans and veteran-owned businesses at discounted rates.
Following this mission, West & Dunn has rapidly grown. Today it operates offices in the metropolitan areas surrounding Madison, Wisconsin Dells, and Manitowoc that enable it to provide legal services not only throughout Wisconsin, but also across the nation.
Today, West & Dunn offers a wide spectrum of legal services to clients in Wisconsin and nationwide, including:
- Veterans advocacy: We help veterans and their families obtain service-connected disability benefits and can assist with claims and appeals at all levels.
- Criminal defense: Our team can represent you and defend your rights if you have been charged with a traffic crime, DUI, violent crime, or firearms offense.
- Bankruptcy relief: Our firm assists individuals and businesses with all forms of available debt relief, including Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 13 bankruptcy, and Wisconsin Chapter 128 Actions.
- Business formation and consulting: We provide knowledgeable formation assistance to entrepreneurs and assist business owners with risk mitigation, litigation avoidance, and all types of transactions, including winding-up operations.
- Civil litigation: Our team has successfully handled civil cases involving construction law, real estate law, torts, franchise disputes, employment law, intellectual property disputes, collection matters, and more.
- Appellate litigation: Our firm is prepared to help you pursue all available appeals options and has experience preparing persuasive briefs in appellate courts.
- Municipal guidance: We offer sophisticated legal guidance to local, city, and county governments and can assist with all matters of municipal law.
The Realistic Costs of Litigation, and Self-RepresentationAppellate Litigation, Civil Litigation
Can A Police Officer Search My Car Because He Claims To Smell Marijuana?Criminal Defense
Important Changes To Wisconsin’s Limited Liability StatuteBusiness Law
VA Examinations Found to Be InaccurateVeterans Disability Claims
Uncertainty Abounds Under the OSHA Emergency Temporary StandardMunicipal Law
One of Few Ways To Protect Your Hard-earned Good WillBusiness Law
OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard Impacts All Businesses With More Than 100 EmployesMunicipal Law
Filing a VA Claim? Here Are Five Tips To Increase Your Chances of SuccessVeterans Disability Claims
Lay Testimony Essential for VA Unemployability ClaimsVeterans Disability Claims
VA To Begin Granting Presumptive Service Connection for Respiratory Diseases Caused by Particulate MatterVeterans Disability Claims