Wisconsin Civil Litigation Attorneys
Providing Civil Litigation Assistance in Wisconsin and Across the U.S.
Whether you are the subject of a civil lawsuit or wish to pursue legal action against another party, you need effective legal representation to advocate for your interests in and out of the courtroom.
Our Wisconsin civil litigation lawyers bring a broad spectrum of experience to the table when assisting individuals and businesses with litigation needs at both the trial and appellate levels.
Our team at West & Dunn is made up of exacting and thoughtful litigators who have successfully represented clients in contract disputes, business torts, collection matters, complex commercial matters, construction conflicts, employment law, franchise conflicts, real estate law, trademark and trade secret issues, and more.
Though our civil litigators excel at providing rigorous advocacy and are always ready to go to trial, we are mindful of the unavoidable expenses associated with litigation. Our team is careful to ensure our clients are always appraised of the real-world impacts and potential outcomes of proceedings.
Our legal professionals always strive to provide high-caliber representation that meets your individual needs and budget.
Types of Civil Litigation We Handle
At West & Dunn, we understand that every case is unique and will require a tailored approach. We work closely with you during case preparation to ensure our strategy and approach aligns with your needs and goals.
Our attorneys can represent you in civil litigation cases across the country involving:
- Contract disputes: Companies' relationships —whether with other companies, their customers, or their own employees — are commonly controlled by contracts. When a dispute arises, our team of attorneys is prepared to analyze the relevant facts as well as the legal obligations arising under any related contracts. We work closely with our clients to develop strategies that aim to resolve the dispute as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Business torts: A tort occurs when a business entity deliberately or negligently causes financial harm to another business. Claimants in these cases can potentially recover damages to cover financial injuries. We can assist with tort claims involving tortious interference, restraint of trade, fraudulent misrepresentation, commercial disparagement, and more.
- Collection matters: If you are struggling to collect on a debt, we can help you explore all available litigation and enforcement options.
- Commercial law: We have experience litigating many types of complex business and commercial disputes, including conflicts involving breaches of contract, breaches of fiduciary duty, partnership issues, joint venture issues, shareholder issues, and class actions.
- Construction law: Our legal team can help you navigate mechanics’ lien claims, failure-to-disclose claims, construction delays, construction-related personal injury claims, construction defect claims, breaches of contract, and more.
- Employment law: We represent employees and employers in disputes involving hostile work environments, workplace discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, trade secret misappropriation, and restrictive covenants.
- Franchise disputes: Our firm represents franchisees and franchisors in conflicts involving standard operating procedures, fee structuring, performance issues, lack of communication, and more.
- Real estate law: Our team is well-versed in matters of real estate law and can work to resolve conflicts that arise from purchase and sale transactions, permitting, licensing, commercial leases, financing, construction, and administrative or municipal approvals.
- Trade secret and intellectual property disputes: Intellectual property and proprietary information enable many businesses to remain competitive in crowded industries. Litigation may become necessary if trade secrets or intellectual property is stolen or misappropriated. We assist claimants and defendants in these types of cases, including in situations involving non-compete agreements and other restrictive covenants.
This firm is very knowledgeable in VA Laws and Regulations, understanding that every case is unique to the individual.- Ray Reid
The professional skills and commitment Attorney Dunn has consistently shown in each of my appeals is confirmed by her success.- Tedd Welch, Vietnam Veteran
They were extremely responsive, professional and honest.- Michael B.